Tuesday, February 15, 2011

the last letter? (liz gets home feb 22)

Happy happy day! Weird these are Mondays now .... with Sundays being such stress days but it's good!

We went to go visit a less active family this week who apparently has been less active most of their lives .... and the grandma told us how sad she is that no one comes by anymore. They used to always come by, multiple people, every week. Oh how sad. We went home sooooo depressed after that. I never know how to think about these situations but I've learned to just love them and be friends. Encourage them to do good but don't push them. LOVE them! Unfortunately we have a lot of less actives in our area for various reasons. Being offended, family not members and not encouraging them to actively participate, not feeling welcomed, not knowing people ......... but three of them came to church on Sunday and I cannot tell you how HAPPY that was to see them there! One in particular we've been thinking about a lot. Young mother. Hna Scott and I have been thinking of her off and on this week but did not get to talk or see her. I thought of her a few times while we were at church and then after Relief Society (before Sacrament) saw her and had to look at her again because oh it just was a rush of how much I love her! And it was such a joy to see her there!

Saturday we went to a primary activity in the stake for all the 8-11 year old girls. Princess themed activity of different classes for the "Princesses in training."  Classes like "fit for a king" "princess diaries" "golden rule" "in the service of your king" Oh my goodness there is no question why I like to write in my journal or do good things: I LEARNED THOSE THINGS IN PRIMARY! These leaders went alllllllll out and decorated and we got all this stuff from it and those girls .... oh man! It was so fun to be there with those girls! Mom I thought of you in the primary and man they are soooo different than youth (who I always think of) but they are so great!

Marcia is one of our only investigators progressing right now and was found in a miraculous way by our ward mission leader a month or two ago. They came to church yesterday (she and her very less active boyfriend) and just love it. She feels loved and this peace and joy she's never EVER experienced before. We went to the Visitor Center last night and walked around a new Book of Mormon art exhibit and it was amazing to talk about the story and the things we can learn from the Book of Mormon! Oh man she is just adorable and so excited to get baptized but doesn't want to rush into it. Love her love her! It helped Elder White (director of the visitors center) and President Ellsworth (mission president) came and spoke to the branch to excite the members about doing their part in reaching 100 baptisms in the branch. We're excited!!!!!

Good week and the weather here has been INCREDIBLE! I think it was almost 80 yesterday and the sun is shining! I will DEFINITELY be mission some of the sun here! I love you all and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK! It will come so I will try and not be too excited as of right now! Thanks for your love and prayers! This is the Lord's work and He is most definitely incharge of it! Love always, Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment