Monday, September 28, 2009

September 28

Whew! My first real week in the MTC! (Is it weird I want to say everything in the we form ... because I am always with a companera? I will try to say I ... but I can't guarantee. We do everything together!) I definitely do not feel like a "missionary" yet because technically I'm not even a greenie yet ....

The MTC continues to be an amazing place. We are teaching the first lesson everyday and it is so powerful to be able to testify to people that God knows and loves them. Joseph Smith really did see God, the Father, and Jesus Christ! How amazing this message is that the gospel is restored! Even if they are missionaries and already know it, the Spirit is able to confirm that each and everyday and it is truly amazing.

Yesterday we had Mission Conference and it was just a blow-away day. So much was learned. It only heaps on to the things I want to learn! I have definitely been reminded of my weaknesses, whether I have recognized them before or not, and I love being given the opportunity to try to improve those weaknesses. Right now I am working on planning. I am really not skilled in that area and it excites me to look forward to the day I am much more competent at that. For now, I am doing my best. And for the record, most of every time of your day is SCHEDULED for you, but that does not mean it is planned.

My district is quite enthusiastic. They all have their own personality traits but everyone is quite funny and it makes for a very enjoyable time. We do most things all together, and therefore when we are in a big crowd I feel like I'm following my brother or something. It is great! I love the elders and I love my companion! [Speaking of them, I have lots of pictures, but I will need to print them out and send them. The computers do not let me use my card reader here.] They bring a great spirit with them and I not only look forward to each day to learn more about the gospel, but also to get to know them more and enjoy our time together. Does that make sense - I love them!

I love being a missionary. It is still weird but yet I don't remember ... before. haha I can't even imagine what it will be like in March 2011! This is SUCH a huge blessing in my life - I can already tell it will effect the rest of my life. Serving a mission, speaking Spanish .... Oh life is wonderful. God has a plan for each of us.

Thank you for your letters of support! They have been in plenty and much appreciated! I love you all!!

Love always, Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment